Re: [Condor-users] Stream the output and error log for windows

On 9/9/05, Horvatth Szabolcs <szabolcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to stream the std out and error back to the log files
> instead of filling them after job's completed/evicted, on windows system
> (using vanilla universe)?
>
> If it is not possible than are there any plans to support this feature in the future?

The 6.7 dev stream supports this (I was not aware that it was not
featured in the
windows port).

Note that using it precludes the use of job leasing which you may find
to be more useful...

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/condor_submit.html

see stream_input, stream_output and stream_error

and

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_15Special_Environment.html#sec:Job-Lease

The file transfer section at
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/2_5Submitting_Job.html#SECTION00354000000000000000
does not really mention streaming io, perhaps a useful addition there?

Matt