RE: [Condor-users] Hard-limiting processors per user

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 10:16 -0400, Albert Reuther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to limit users to only be allowed to use a certain
> number of processors/jobs concurrently. For instance, no one is
> allowed to use more than 16 processors at the same time. I know that
> user priorities help institute a fairness policy, but it is not
> exactly what I had in mind. User priorities seem to be more flexible
> about resource use, while I want to be rigid. Does anyone have any
> ideas?

If you're willing to try the 6.7.x development branch you could put
Accounting Groups to use to achieve something near to what you seek. In
the case of a completely empty system one user would be able to claim
all the machines, but given two users, the system will reduce each
user's claims in an attempt to fill both their quotas are filled.

See:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/3_5User_Priorities.html#SECTIO
N00455000000000000000

For more details on accounting group policies.

- Ian