Re: [Condor-users] Hard-limiting processors per user

There is no built-in way of doing it in Condor. However, you can do it
by sampling the state of the queues in your pool and enforcing the
policy by holding the jobs ( via condor_hold ), which exceed user's
quota. However, note, that this method actually decreases the pool's
throughput, as it results in throttling of the jobs. But you can reduce
this by changing the sampling rate.

Another way of doing it is as follows:
each Schedd has a restriction of the maximum number of jobs running at
each moment (MAX_RUNNING_JOBS). If every user is allocated separate
schedd, you will be able to control the number of running jobs for each
user. By the way, you can set up multiple schedds on single machine,
which, of course, requires to adjust its CPU/Network capacity.