Re: [Condor-users] Problem installing condor on cluster.

I am still having the same problem.

here is a part listing of the condor_config

/home/condor/condor_config
CONDOR_HOST  = thebeast

##  Where have you installed the bin, sbin and lib condor directories?
RELEASE_DIR = /home/condor/release

##  Where is the local condor directory for each host?
LOCAL_DIR  = /home/condor/hosts/$(HOSTNAME)

##  Where is the machine-specific local config file for each host?
LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE  = /home/condor/release/etc/$(HOSTNAME).local

------

so in respect of $(HOSTNAME).local I have edited the following file for my central manager.

/home/condor/release/etc/thebeast.local

DAEMON_LIST   = MASTER, COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR, STARTD, SCHEDD

Now the hostname environmental variable looks up fine.

thebeast:/home/condor # hostname
thebeast
thebeast:/home/condor # echo $HOSTNAME
thebeast
thebeast:/home/condor #

So I could assume i could run the condor daemons on the central manager machine successfully.

thebeast:/home/condor # condor_master
thebeast:/home/condor # ps -fe | grep condor
condor    5272     1  0 16:34 ?        00:00:00 condor_master
condor    5273  5272  0 16:34 ?        00:00:00 condor_schedd -f -n root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is all im getting.. And running the collector and negotiator manually doesnt make any difference.
They are running in memory but no node can connect. condor_status on any node returns error that
the collector on thebeast can not be contacted even after I ran them manually.
Each node can ping thebeast fine and the host read and write are set properly.

any ideas?

thanks

Chris