Re: [Condor-users] Flocking drawback

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 08:49:29PM -0500, Thomas Materna wrote:
> What do you mean by a mistake requirement? The job requirements is just
> (Machine==machina1-in-poolA) || (Machine==machina2-in-poolA) || ...
> It has no reason to start on a machine in pool B, and actually it doesn't
> really start but the machines are claimed for a brief moment.

If those machines were claimed by a job, even for a brief moment, then
the requirements expression were satisifed at the matchmaker. If the
requirements expression is correct, and _ONLY_ matches with machines in
pool A, then it is a different job matching with it.

I'm certainly not going to rule out a bug in Condor, but the matching code
is pretty solid.

Any hope of getting similar jobs submitted again so we can see what's going
on?

-Erik