From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jaime Frey
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:37 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Globus - GT 4.0.1: GLOBUS_SCRATCH_DIR problem?

On Sep 26, 2005, at 2:50 PM, duane waktu wrote:

> The machine with the problem was installed by somebody else. When I
> re-installed condor-6.7.10 on this machine, I stumbled upon the
> error below. I have never seen this error when I installed condor
> on the previous machine. I thought this could be the culprit of the
> problem I've been seeing.
>
> I have set done the following as an attempt to resolve the problem:
>              1. export _condor_ NETWORK_INTERFACE=<ip of my machine>
>              2. add the following line into local_config file:
>                           NETWORK_INTERFACE=<ip of my machine>
>
> However, the problem still persists.
>
> My questions:
> 1. How do you set NETWORK_INTERFACE variable properly?

If the machine has a single IP address, then you set
NETWORK_INTERFACE to that address. If the machine has multiple IP
addresses, use the address for the network containing any other
Condor daemons that you want to interact with. If the Condor daemons
aren't going to talk to any Condor daemons on other machines, the
setting shouldn't matter.

> 2. Does it have to be done BEFORE I install condor? I don't think
> this should be true, I did the two things I mentioned above just
> before I ran 'condor_master'.

Either of the things should work. You don't need to do anything
before installation.

> 3. FYI, this machine is not registered on the DNS although I have
> made sure that I associate the IP address with the hostname I used
> in /etc/hosts. Could this be the problem? The other machines that I
> have are registered on the DNS.

Since globusrun-ws works, I doubt this is the problem.

Try submitting a job with $GL/test/
globus_wsrf_gram_service_java_test_unit/managed-job-globusrun. It's a
java WS-GRAM client and uses the same libraries as Condor. You can
use -help to find out the parameters it uses.