Re: [Condor-users] Newbie ClassAds question

Darin Kalisak wrote:
On 4/4/06, David A. Kotz <dkotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Darin Kalisak wrote:
Darin,

Sorry.  I should have been more clear.  The START expression in the
condor_config determines the machine requirements for starting a job.
By default it is

   START                   = $(UWCS_START)

and

   UWCS_START      = ( (KeyboardIdle > $(StartIdleTime)) \
                     && ( $(CPUIdle) || \
                          (State != "Unclaimed" && State != "Owner")) )

Have you made any changes to the START expression or to any of the
expressions it uses?

I did try to change the START expression and some expressions right
after it.  I just now realized that I forgot to comment out the old
code, so that probably didn't help.  I have 2 computers aside from the
manager, and one worked fine, so I copied its config file to the one
with "requirements=false", and now both are working.

I guess my main question was really just if that's the best way to
make changes to machine class ads.  Do I edit condor_config in a text
editor, then restart the computer(s) in question, or is there a better
way?

Thanks for the help.

Darin