Re: [Condor-users] Cannot find collector error

>>Are they using different machines?

No, i just do sudo user1 and then
try to submit a job and the error says collector not specified in the
config file. the same machine, the same config file with a different
user.

>>what is different between the two? it is the same machine

>> running the same operating system?

Yes same OS.

>>on the same network?
Yes same OS

>>-- do either of the machines have multiple network interfaces?

No only one NIC.

here is the local_config file of the machine from where it is giving
this error. other machines also give the same error for any user
except me.

the config files of other machines are also the same as this one

## What machine is your central manager?

CONDOR_HOST = caudate-nh.nsw.cmis.csiro.au

## Pathnames:
## Where have you installed the bin, sbin and lib condor directories?

RELEASE_DIR = /usr/local/condor

## Where is the local condor directory for each host?
## This is where the local config file(s), logs and
## spool/execute directories are located

LOCAL_DIR = /home/condor/

## Mail parameters:
## When something goes wrong with condor at your site, who should get
## the email?

CONDOR_ADMIN = root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

## Network domain parameters:
## Internet domain of machines sharing a common UID space. If your
## machines don't share a common UID space, set it to
## UID_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
## to specify that each machine has its own UID space.

UID_DOMAIN = nsw.cmis.csiro.au

## Internet domain of machines sharing a common file system.
## If your machines don't use a network file system, set it to
## FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
## to specify that each machine has its own file system.

FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = nsw.cmis.csiro.au

## The user/group ID <uid>.<gid> of the "Condor" user.
## (this can also be specified in the environment)
## Note: the CONDOR_IDS setting is ignored on Win32 platforms

CONDOR_IDS = 000.0

## FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
## to specify that each machine has its own file system.

FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN = nsw.cmis.csiro.au

## The user/group ID <uid>.<gid> of the "Condor" user.
## (this can also be specified in the environment)
## Note: the CONDOR_IDS setting is ignored on Win32 platforms

CONDOR_IDS = 000.0

## Condor needs to create a few lock files to synchronize access to
## various log files. Because of problems we've had with network
## filesystems and file locking over the years, we HIGHLY recommend
## that you put these lock files on a local partition on each
## machine. If you don't have your LOCAL_DIR on a local partition,
## be sure to change this entry. Whatever user (or group) condor is
## running as needs to have write access to this directory. If
## you're not running as root, this is whatever user you started up
## the condor_master as. If you are running as root, and there's a
## condor account, it's probably condor. Otherwise, it's whatever
## you've set in the CONDOR_IDS environment variable. See the Admin
## manual for details on this.

LOCK = /tmp/condor-lock.$(HOSTNAME)0.655802342648716

## condor_master
## Daemons you want the master to keep running for you:

DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, SCHEDD, STARTD

## Java parameters:
## If you would like this machine to be able to run Java jobs,
## then set JAVA to the path of your JVM binary. If you are not
## interested in Java, there is no harm in leaving this entry
## empty or incorrect.

JAVA = /usr/bin/java

START = True
SUSPEND = False
CONTINUE = True
PREEMPT = False
KILL = False

Erik Paulson <epaulson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 07:29:02PM -0700, Junaid N. Sahibzada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my condor users can submit any job.
>
> However, the other user gets the error cannot find collector error.
>
> I have set the CONDOR_CONFIG variable. but it doesnt work for the other user while it works for me.
>
> Any idea?

It might help if you provided a few more details. For instance,
are they running this command from the same machine? If they're
using different machines, what is different between the two? Are they:
-- running the same operating system?
-- on the same network?
-- do either of the machines have multiple network interfaces?

-Erik