[Condor-users] condor_startd Error

Hi,
I'm trying to configure/test the condor installation that came with my NMI package version 8. I could start condor_master & condor_collector but when I try to start condor_startd, it breaks with the following error..
# ./condor_startd
# Unable to mmap Java heap of requested size, perhaps the maxdata value is too large - see Java README.HTML for more information.
Unable to allocate an initial java heap of 2147483648 bytes.
**Out of memory, aborting**
*** panic: JVMST016: Cannot allocate memory for initial java heap

Any suggestions?!

Thanks!

_Kris