[Condor-users] Condor installation in OS X 10.4

Greetings,

I'm taking over a Condor installation at our site and there have been some
problems recently.  I am currently trying to just do a fresh install of the
latest version (6.7.18) and cannot get a sample job to run on the master.  I
haven't bothered installing other machines yet and I can do that, however the
errors in the logs seem to indicate the problem is not resource availability.

Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

OS: 10.4.6
Condor: 6.7.18
Install command:
sudo ./condor_configure --install --install-dir=/usr/local/condor --local-dir=/usr/local/condor/local --type=submit,execute,manager --owner=condor --verbose

Simple vanilla submission of a "Hello, World!" shell script,
condor_q shows job ID 1.0 is idle,

SchedLog :
IO: Failed to read packet header
failed to send RESCHEDULE command to negotiator
IO: Failed to read packet header (many times)
Sent ad to central manager for <user>
Sent ad to 1 collectors for <user>
Sent ad to central manager for <user>
Sent ad to 1 collectors for <user>

NegotiatorLog :
Phase 1: Obtaining ads from collector....
Getting all public ads ...
IO: Failed to read packet header
Couldn't fetch ads: communication error
Aborting negotiation cycle