Re: [Condor-users] Condor installation in OS X 10.4

On Apr 10, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Dominic Lepiane wrote:

I'm taking over a Condor installation at our site and there have been some problems recently. I am currently trying to just do a fresh install of the latest version (6.7.18) and cannot get a sample job to run on the master. I haven't bothered installing other machines yet and I can do that, however the errors in the logs seem to indicate the problem is not resource availability.

From the log snippets in your later email, it appears eiher your security settings are messed up or the machine can't resolve IP addresses into hostnames.

In your Condor config file, check that HOSTALLOW_READ, HOSTALLOW_WRITE, and HOSTALLOW_NEGOTIATOR include your machine.

Check that your machine's IP address resolves to the hostname listed in the HOSTALLOW_* settings (run 'host' or an equivalent program).

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |