Re: [Condor-users] [BirdBath] : creating ClassAds

Hi,

Nevermind, I think I found how to get this done, using the getFileHelper method in the SOAPScheddApiHelper class.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Rajesh Kalyanam wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was able to specify the ClassAd attributes to update the output filename. However it seems that the output file is not written to the path specified in the filename. After a bit of digging around I found that the file is written to a folder in the spool directory and indexed by the jobid. I was wondering if there is any way the output would be written to the path specified in the Out="filename" , or would the getFile() method provided in the Sched SOAP api have to be used to retrieve the output files from the spool path ? Appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Matthew Farrellee wrote:

Rajesh,

You are right, createJobTemplate does not give you a way to set the environment or output files. However, you can add those things yourself. It is going to be different for each client library you are using, but for the environment you should add an attribute to the ClassAd returned by createJobTemplate that has a name of Env and a string value that is the environment. For stdout and stderr you should use Out="filename" and Err="filename".

matt