[Condor-users] Condor Users newsgroup? (was Fwd: A few basic questions and a modest suggestion)

At 09:34 AM 4/18/2006, Darin Kalisak wrote:

Lastly, I'm wondering if anyone has considered migrating this listserv
to a forum of some sort (like vBulletin).  Threads would stick around
forever in the background, and could be easily referenced when needed.
 Very popular threads could be bolded or kept around at the top,
quesions could be sorted by topic, etc.  I know forums have a bit of a
high-school hang-out reputation, but I think that if we're to be
honest, the content on this list would fit well with the format it
offers.  We'd just have to disallow smilies to preserve some sense of
maturity.  Anyway, it's just a thought.

Personally, I would love to see a Condor Usenet newsgroup.

comp.distributed.condor anyone?

We could gateway this listserv into it. Folks could access condor-users via email, via an nntp reader (with all the goodness this has like threading, score files, etc), or via a web portal like Google. And archiving would be kept by Google groups (as well as searching, etc).

Thoughts?

regards,
Todd

Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences
tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx                  1210 W. Dayton St. Rm #4257
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~tannenba      Madison, WI 53706-1685
Phone: (608) 263-7132  FAX: (608) 262-9777