Re: [Condor-users] Condor Users newsgroup? (was Fwd: A few basic questions and a modest suggestion)

On 4/18/06, Ian Chesal <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Personally, I would love to see a Condor Usenet newsgroup.
> >
> > comp.distributed.condor anyone?
> >
> > We could gateway this listserv into it.  Folks could access
> > condor-users via email, via an nntp reader (with all the goodness
> > this has like threading, score files, etc), or via a web portal like
> > Google.  And archiving would be kept by Google groups (as well as
> > searching, etc).
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> I vote yes for the move to Usenet.

One issue with that is the spamtastic email ripping.

I am happy for this list to receive my valid email address. I have
very little spam directed at it (I would guess that was due to a brief
period of non obfuscated web archiving). If the list is redirected to
Usenet I would either want it to strip the sent from/reply to email
address or to be let know in advance so I can do it myself.

Matt.