Re: [Condor-users] Queue problems

On 4/18/06, Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 10:15 AM 4/18/2006, Andy Wettstein wrote:
> v6.7.18 work around idea #1
> Use a submit file that adds one level of indirection to the
> Requirements, like so :
>    executable = hello.sh
>    requirements = wanted
>    +wanted = (machine == "xxx1")
>    queue 10

Do I take this to mean that the auto setting of significant attributes
is entirely defeated by the use of indirection from attributes but not
by macros?

i.e.
Requirements = Foo == "XXX" && Bar == "YYY"

will behave identically to

BarRequirement = Bar == "YYY"
Requirements = Foo == "XXX" && (BarRequirement)

but not

+BarRequirement = Bar == "YYY"
Requirements = Foo == "XXX" && (BarRequirement)

If this is the case this is worth a detailed statement in the submit
docs (it's a subtle effect unless you know the distinction between
macros verses additional attributes and the relative evaluation
phases). If the macro stuff also doesn't work it might be worth
considering writing a warning to that effect (or fixing it).

Currently many of my users use macros to quickly alter their
requirements and I'm looking forward to 6.8 :)

Matt