[Condor-users] dagman progress as classad?

Hi,

I was thinking about using the dagman job as a simple database container for storing the number of all dag jobs (even those that are not yet submitted), and the amount of already completed jobs. By adding a custom attribute to the job to store the number of all jobs and periodically update the completed jobs, a user interface could easily query the progress of a whole dag without actually looking at the child jobs' status.

But since DAGMan has all this information already, I'm curious whether this could be done easily with the current tools or not. And if not, than I'd suggest adding such attributes to the dagman job for simple job progress analysis. Writing a custom script that periodically sets the attributes via condor_qedit is quite simple but the dagman executable could
do this much more efficiently.

Cheers,
Szabolcs