[Condor-users] Antwort: checkpoint on java

Hi,

I don't think that checkpointing is supported with Java and thus
you cannot tun Java apps in the standard universe.

I recommend running Java apps in the Java universe
or the vanilla universe and do application level checkpointing.

T.

a.darrigol@xxxxxxxxxxx
Gesendet von: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

31.07.2006 17:35

Bitte antworten an
condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

An
condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie
Thema
[Condor-users] checkpoint on java

hi condor users,

I intend to do a pool of windows and unix machines to run java
programs.
Is it possible to checkpoint a job on the java universe? If
not, is it possible to use the standard universe with a java
program by using condor_compile?

My problem is that the windows machines will be switch off
every night so if java jobs can't checkpoint they will start
again everyday from the begining and they will never finish
the execution...

I have another problem concerning condor_vacate and condor_off.
After condor_off i have this message:
Sent "Kill-All-Daemons" command to master birch
but in fact the command kill no daemons.
It s the same with condor_vacate that never stop the jobs on
the machine. Can we use condor_vacate with a job that can't be
chepointed like a vanilla job?

thank you,

regards,

alexandre

Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !