[Condor-users] Condor History

I've managed to get condor running, I can now submit jobs, but I"m getting a 'WARNING: Invalid log file: "/home/mhaney/condor-6.8.0/examples/sh_loop.log" (Permission denied)'

error. I am pretty sure this is a UID_DOMAIN problem, but I'm stumped on /why/ it is a problem.

However, I think I can fix that on my own. I believe the problem with Condor_history is related. I can submit the job (at least it says it's submitted), but when I check condor_history I get:

ID      OWNER            SUBMITTED     RUN_TIME ST   COMPLETED CMD
History file (/home/condor/spool/history) not found or empty.

I'm only testing Condor on one box, it's running as the condor user (I'm starting it as root, though), yet everything seems to hinge on the fact that the /home/condor directory is pretty well locked down (as it should be for a home directory). I'm very confused on how I'm to submit jobs/view history/etc as someone /other/ than root or the condor user.

Am I missing something REALLY obvious?

--
Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

Mark Haney