From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
pat.o'bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 01 August 2006 13:32
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Initial installation - I don't understand
whythejob cannot write its own file?

Robert,
    Try this link:

http://www.openems.org/display/CONDOR/UID_DOMAIN

    My reading of this is that with differing domains, Condor will
always
use "nobody". If Condor is installed as executing as root, it would seem
that some "suid" code within Condor would fix this problem.

        Pat

J.W. (Pat) O'Bryant,Jr.
Business Line Infrastructure
Technical Systems, HPC
Office: 713-431-7022
Pager: 713-606-8338

Further info: I tried setting  SOFT_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE but still the same
behaviour. The cluster user authentication is as described in the entry
for this keyword, the users are not stored in /etc/password

But even with UID_DOMAIN = * and SOFT_UID_DOMAIN, HOST_ALLOW_WRITE = * ,
HOST_ALLOW_READ = * , ie I have tried (for testing!) to open up all
security but still experience the same behaviour.

What condition is causing the job to execute as NOBODY instead of the
submitting user? I think that is what I need to understand.

Thanks again
Robert