From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Todd Tannenbaum
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:31 PM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Negotiator problem? Jobs not assigned to
idlemachines.

At 12:09 PM 8/1/2006, Rick Lan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Setting NEGOTIATOR_CONSIDER_PREEMPTION = True seems to work. However,
>at first jobs would begin to run, then some of the jobs would get stuck

>as "match but reject the job for unknown reasons" for about 15mins and
>then start running. Now it is stuck for 2 hours. I've attach SchedLog
>and NegotiatorLog below.
>
>8/1 22:06:02       Rejected 93.0 malikr@xxxxxxxx <172.26.30.23:3179>:
no
>match found
>
>Above line is strange in that previous jobs have identical submit file
>except file paths.

Obvious question, but you have (had?) "Unclaimed" machines in your pool
according to condor_status?

Try doing "condor_status -state" and see how long these Unclaimed
machines have been Unclaimed (by looking at the StateTime column).
Perhaps these machines are being claimed and run jobs, but then
immediately toss the job off?  Thus whenever you look, you typically see
the machine Unclaimed and the job idle?  This could happen if, for
example, the stdin file specified does not exist or something like that.

-Todd