Re: [Condor-users] Cleaning up old checkpoint images

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 05:30:47PM -0500, Erik Paulson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 02:46:36PM -0700, Stuart Anderson wrote:
> > Is it possibly to configure condor_preen to cleanup old unused checkpoint
> > images? or is there another preferred way to manage these stale files.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> We just have a cron job that deletes files that haven't been accessed
> in more than 70 days. We chose 70 at random, it seemed like a good
> number.
>
> There's nothing smarter in Condor to automatically manage the checkpoints.

How about adding this feature to 6.9? It is certainly easy to add an
external script, however, I think there are several benefits to just
working out-of-the-box.  It might also be possible to implement a slightly
more precise algorithm on when to purge old files based on internal Condor
state and history information if it is done from within-the-box.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson  anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ligo.caltech.edu/~anderson