Re: [Condor-users] Windows MSI Installer and Config File

FWIW, I'm currently employing a workaround in which I forcibly kill the
"condor_master.exe" program, stop the service (just to be safe), apply
the config file settings, and then restart the service as such:

  rem Patch the Configuration File to workaround Win32 Firewall issues.
  taskkill /f /t /im condor_master.exe
  net stop condor
  set CONFIG_FILE=C:\condor\condor_config
  echo. >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  echo. >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  echo ## Workaround Windows Firewall issues >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  echo ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION = FALSE >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  echo WINDOWS_FIREWALL_FAILURE_RETRY = 10 >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  echo. >> %CONFIG_FILE%
  net start condor

It works but feels dirty somehow; suggestions are still appreciated.

Cheers,
-mike

Please be aware that, notwithstanding the fact that the person sending
this communication has an address in Bear Stearns' e-mail system, this
person is not an employee, agent or representative of Bear Stearns.
Accordingly, this person has no power or authority to represent, make
any recommendation, solicitation, offer or statements or disclose
information on behalf of or in any way bind Bear Stearns or any of its
affiliates.