Re: [Condor-users] Restrict pool to a single submit machine

Hi Pascal,

as far as I know this shouldn't be a problem. You could set up one machine as a "Submit node", one as a "Central Manager node" and all the others to be "Execute nodes" (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_1Introduction.html#SECTION00411000000000000000). In the config file you can do this as follows:

Central Manager Node:        DAEMON_LIST   = MASTER, COLLECTOR, NEGOTIATOR, STARTD
Submit Node:                DAEMON_LIST  = MASTER, SCHEDD
Execute Node:                DAEMON_LIST   = MASTER, STARTD

See the Condor Admininstrator manual for more information.

Cheers, Matthias

Matthias Röhm, University Ulm,
DaimlerChrysler AG, Research Center Ulm,
Department for Inline Inspection and
Data Mining Solutions, RMI/DM
P.O. Box 23 60, 89013 Ulm, Germany

Phone:  +49 (0)731 505 4864