Re: [Condor-users] R script with condor

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 12:03:03PM -0500, Peter Keller wrote:
> I definitely had this working on Solaris, where the proof of concept had
> to work. But I don't remember any reason why it wouldn't work on Linux
> as well, but I don't think I had tried it there.

In talking with a coworker, I've come to realize that it worked under
solaris because R uses many shared libraries which it dlopens() (and which
I had forgotten). The standard universe codes on Solaris implement shared
library loading and checkpointing, but the Linux codebase does not. So,
it won't work without moderate time investment on the Linux side.

Sorry.

-pete