Re: [Condor-users] Which Binary to Install

On Aug 24, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Jim Summers wrote:

I am a new condor admin and preparing to install condor. We have several linuxes here that have Intel Xeon processors in them. We have Fedora Core 5 x86_64 installed. I did not see a binary package that was listed as x86_64.
Any ideas on which one should be used?

You want the binaries with architecture 'Opteron' on the downloads page. The tarball itself will say 'x86_64'.

Also I haven't seen mention of "standard universe" in the documentation yet.
What is "standard universe" or will I need it?

Section 2.4.1.1 of the manual describes the standard universe: http:// www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/ v6.8/2_4Road_map_Running.html#SECTION00341100000000000000

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |