Re: [Condor-users] condor installation

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 11:16:54PM -0500, Jeremy Villalobos wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed condor on three servers, I have one manager,submit,execute
> host and two submit,execute host.
> All the deamons work with no errors reported on the log files.  but the
> submit,execute nodes only report the master node's CPUs when I type
> condor_status.
>
> The same is true if I type condor_status on the master.

First off, some condor terminology: what you're calling the master is
really the "Central Manager".

You likely have the wrong values for COLLECTOR_HOST/CONDOR_HOST in the config
files for your non-central-manager machines. (The default config files
have
COLLECTOR_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST)

ie CONDOR_HOST is a Macro)

The snippets you sent are hard to debug without knowing which machine
should be which.

To make this easier to debug, it would be helpful to know:
the IPs of the central manager and the execute machines
the full CollectorLog from the central manager
a full StartLog or ScheddLog from one of the other machines
the values of 'condor_config_val COLLECTOR_HOST' on the execute machines
and the value of 'condor_config_val HOSTALLOW_WRITE' and
'condor_config_val HOSTALLOW_READ' on the central manager.

-Erik