Re: [Condor-users] restricting no of jobs per user at site using Condor-G

--On 31 January 2006 09:57 -0600 Jaime Frey <jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 27, 2006, at 10:03 AM, Dr Ian C. Smith wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up a campus mini-
grid using Condor-G which is going very smoothly
so far. I've hit a snag in that one of the clusters
in the grid will only run a maximum of three
jobs per user concurrently. At present users'
jobs can go to this cluster if there are sufficient
free nodes but will wait on the queue
there when there may be spare resources elsewhere
later on. ( Globus is set up so that users get mapped
to their own account on the cluster not a generic "grid" one ).

So what I need is someway of expressing this via
a ClassAd or similar. As far as I can see
from the docs Condor-G can be used to restrict the
*total* number of grid jobs going to a site but
there's no simple way of doing this on a *per-user*
basis. Or is there ?

It sounds like you're using match-making. In that case, you want to
prevent matches from being made with that site when the user has 3
jobs there. I would recommend having the resource advertise how many
jobs from each user are currently submitted there and use that in the
jobs' requirements expression.

I'll give it a go but I was hoping for a more elegant way of doing this.

regards,

-ian.