Re: [Condor-users] remote proxy renewal failing with Condor-G

Problem fixed by installing GT 4.0.1 on the remote
site.

-ian.

--On 17 January 2006 14:30 +0000 "Dr Ian C. Smith" <i.c.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty getting Condor-G to refresh
the proxy certificate on a remote host. Looking at the
logs, it appears that condor detects that the proxy has
been updated on the submit host and tries to renew the
one on the remote execution host but when this happens
all of the files in the working directory, on the remote
machine, seem to get deleted. That includes the stdout
and stderr files and crucially the proxy cert (x509_up).
So in effect the renewal process seems to be trashing
my job - bizarre !

I'm using the standard fork jobmanager with GT 3.2.
I've used the standard GT 2 scheduler config in the
.sub file though:

globusscheduler = ulgbc2.liv.ac.uk/jobmanager-fork

presumably this OK as GT 3 still implements the GT2
(non-WS) functionality ? I'm also using Condor 6.6.7.

Anyone seen anything like this before or have an idea
what is failing ?

regards,

-ian.