Re: [Condor-users] MPI Setup

Hi Rok

can you tell me if MPICH2 works with condor 6.7?

also, i am having trouble setting up a ring. i have individual mpds running on all machines but they dont seem to know about each other.

also, can you tell me if i need to setup a ring while using condor?

and why are you saying that i dont need MPI on condor?

regards

Rok Roskar <roskar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've put together a condor-MPI tutorial for the particular code that we
use here. It doesn't really involve much about the specifics of the
condor administrative end though... I've set it up here, so that MPI
jobs behave in the same way as single-processor jobs, which means that
they can get preempted, evicted etc. The MPI "cluster" is actually a
set of 18 computer lab desktop machines, linked tog! ether with a
high-speed network. This was accomplished very easily by simply
including the following lines:

DedicatedScheduler = "DedicatedScheduler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
STARTD_EXPRS = $(STARTD_EXPRS), DedicatedScheduler
MPI_CONDOR_RSH_PATH = /net/condor/sbin

Note that the last line is not specified in the manual, and the first
line has regular quotes, not two single quotes like in the manual. Also
note that I didn't change any policies for these resources, all types
of job universes abide by the same rules.

I then had to recompile my code using mpich - the mpich download page
actually has a condor version.

That was it. I do have passwordless ssh logins configured, but I don't
even think you need that to run mpi in condor.

Rok

Rok Roskar
University of Washington
Department of Astronomy