[Condor-users] CONDOR unter Windows 98 SE?

Hello,
I wonder if someone has any experiences with running CONDOR under Windows
98. Of course, I know that the installer of CONDORS denies to install on
win98, but maybe someone has managed to install it manually. Additionally I
would like to understand why CONDOR should not be able to run under Win98. I
see that condor_master.exe must be started as a service, but that should be
possible by writing a link into the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion}RunService,
isn't it?
So what is the main obstacle to using CONDOR under Win98?

Any help will be appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Chr. Andre