Re: [Condor-users] metascheduling

At 10:14 AM 2/6/2006 -0600, you wrote:
hi,
I need to find out about condor-g's method of metascheduling.

Metascheduling is a bit of a vague term. We tend to refer to it as matchmaking: Condor-G can select a grid site for a job based on matchmaking.

This is described in the Grid Computing section of the manual. Right now, it's in Section 5.3.5 "Matchmaking in the Grid Universe".
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/5_3Grid_Universe.html#SECTION00635000000000000000

1. Is condor-g's metascheduler referred to as 'negotiator'?

The negotiator is half of the matchmaker, and it is the half that does the actual matchmaking. There is also the collector, which collects information about the grid sites.

2. Where can I find a high-level description of condor-g's metascheduler?

See the link above.

-alain