[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] metascheduling
- Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:07:30 -0600
- From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] metascheduling
At 10:14 AM 2/6/2006 -0600, you wrote:
I need to find out about condor-g's method of metascheduling.
Metascheduling is a bit of a vague term. We tend to refer to it as
matchmaking: Condor-G can select a grid site for a job based on matchmaking.
This is described in the Grid Computing section of the manual. Right
now, it's in Section 5.3.5 "Matchmaking in the Grid Universe".
1. Is condor-g's metascheduler referred to as 'negotiator'?
The negotiator is half of the matchmaker, and it is the half that
does the actual matchmaking. There is also the collector, which
collects information about the grid sites.
2. Where can I find a high-level description of condor-g's metascheduler?
See the link above.