Re: [Condor-users] MATLAB licenses

i would also love to know the soloution for this.

we have a network edition matlab and the liscense allows only two people to use it at a time.

how can i resolve the liscence issues if i want to use matlab under condor?

for using matlab i have to edit my .ssh file and add keys to the server where matlab is installed.

Ben Liblit <liblit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently submitted a batch of 260 jobs, each of which runs two MATLAB
batch scripts ("matlab -nojvm -nodisplay -r ...") toward the end of its
work. 53 of these jobs failed because they were unable to obtain a
MATLAB license:

License Manager Error -4.
Maximum number of users for MATLAB reached.
Try again later.
To see a list of current users use the lmstat utility.

The MATLAB scripts a! re short, each lasting no more than a few seconds.
But my 260 jobs include many subgroups of about equal duration, which
means I'll be creating large spikes in MATLAB license demand.

What's the right approach here? Is there a different way one is
supposed to run MATLAB under Condor? Is there a way to declare the need
for a MATLAB license as part of a job's classad restrictions? Should
every Condor node have a specially reserved MATLAB license for the
exclusive use of the Condor job it is currently running, or multiple
such licenses for nodes that run multiple concurrent jobs?