Re: [Condor-users] user based authorization not working

> I read this again and it made more sense second time around.
> I tried getting Condor to use CLAIMTOBE by including
> these lines in the master condor_config:
>
> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = REQUIRED
> SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = CLAIMTOBE
>
> but then I couldn't do a condor_reconfig. Instead I
> got this error:
>
> ERROR
> AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
> Can't send Reconfig command to local master
>
> Could you elaborate on this ?

once you changed your config file, the running daemons and the condor_reconfig
tool now have incompatible settings.  the running daemon has the default list
of authentication methods (FS, KERBEROS, GSI) but the tool has only CLAIMTOBE.

set the methods to CLAIMTOBE, FS.  then do the reconfig (it will use FS).  then
take out FS and reconfig again, and you'll have just CLAIMTOBE.  there's no
harm in just leaving FS in there though.

cheers,
-zach