Re: [Condor-users] Default area for globus certificates

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:39:38AM -0600, Steven Timm wrote:

> Is there anywhere, hardwired in Condor, where it is looking
> for Certificate Authority certificates?

Yes, the GSI library itself goes looking for certificates in some default
locations.

> When I initially installed condor on one of my machines, the
> certificates were in /etc/grid-security/certificates. They have now
> expired.
> A later reinstallation of the globus toolkit moved them to
> $GLOBUS_LOCATION/share/certificates.  Now we face the problem that
> outbound globus-job-run from this machine is OK but
> outbound condor_submit to other condor_g resources is not OK, failing
> to submit.
>
> Error in condor log is:
>
> 000 (1045.000.000) 02/13 16:51:33 Job submitted from host:
> <131.225.107.31:62037

> 020 (1045.000.000) 02/13 16:51:41 Detected Down Globus Resource
>      RM-Contact: fngp-osg.fnal.gov/jobmanager-condor
>

> and on remote host gatekeeper says:
>
> Feb 13 16:51:37 fngp-osg GRAM gatekeeper[2786]: GSS failed Major:01090000
> Minor:00000000 Token:00000003
>

> Could it be that condor is somehow wired to look at
> /etc/grid-security/certificates?

That's one of the places GSI will look, probably before
$(GLOBUS_LOCATION)/share/certificates

> I don't see anyplace in the condor config file where it would say
> where to get them from.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/3_3Configuration.html#12646

It doesn't look like we have the default search path that GSI will use
listed in our manual anywhere.

-Erik