[Condor-users] Condor Submit File

Hi,

I have a windows executable which takes as argument the name of the directory which contains the input files and produces as output a text file in the same directory. I am trying to execute this using condor. My condor pool has a linux machine as central manager while all the execution nodes are windows based.

I am transferring all the input files and executables from the linux based  central manager to the execution nodes. I have the following submit file

 universe = vanilla
environment = path=/home/fyp19wt/Simtest
Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL") && (OpSys == "WINNT50")
should_transfer_files = YES
WhenToTransferOutput = ON_EXIT
universe = vanilla
environment = path=/home/fyp19wt/Simtest
Requirements = (Arch == "INTEL") && (OpSys == "WINNT50")
should_transfer_files = YES
WhenToTransferOutput = ON_EXIT
executable = /home/fyp19wt/Simtest/SIAEC-Model-V50.exe
output = /home/fyp19wt/Simtest/output.txt
error = /home/fyp19wt/Simtest/test.err
log = /home/fyp19wt/Simtest/test.log
transfer_input_files = ProModel Airport Information.xls,ProModel Airport Location GMT.xls,ProModel Component Optimal Balance.xls,ProModel Flights.xls,ProModel Input Parameters Ground Movements.xls,ProModel Input Parameters.xls,ProModel Model Configurations.xls,ProModel Scenarios.xls,ProModel Service Schedule.xls
Arguments = "."
Queue

However this does not work as the executable requires the complete pathname of the directory to which the files are transferred.

I am unable to figure out how to specify the path of the input files in the submit file as i dont know where they will be stored after the transfer from the central manager to the execution nodes.

I will really appreciate any help with regards to this. Can some one tell me how i can find out where the files are transferred for eg name of some temp directory where condor will keep the input files and the executable on the execution nodes or any other way by which i cud dynamically specify the pathname.

Thanks.
Sameer