[Condor-users] Do "slave" machines in a Condor pool need 80MB of sw?

Hello,

I'm a Condor newbie, and I'm curious:

Do "slave" machines in a Condor pool need 80MB of sw?

I'm finding that the Linux rpms (for 6.7.x) are 80MB big. Do I need to download that entire rpm file to every Linux machine that needs to be in a Condor pool? It seems rather large, and I would hope the "slave" machines (to the Condor "master server") would not need as much software.

My apologies if this is an already-answered faq.

-Matt