Re: [Condor-users] Condor port range under Win XP

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 03:38:21PM +0000, Dr Ian C. Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at trying to control the range
> of ports used by Condor execute hosts on some
> Win XP machines. It seems to sort of work but for
> say a config with say,
>
> LOWPORT=9600
> HIGHPORT=9610
>
> the startd always seems to use ports
> in the range 9590-9600. It looks like this is
> repeatable: the actual number of ports used is
> correct but the highest corresponds to the LOWPORT.
>
> Anyone else seen this ? Is it a known bug ?

i've never seen this before, but i must admit i haven't tried it on windows.

i should also mention that 10 ports is probably not enough for condor to do
much useful work.  all daemons need a command port, even the condor_shadow,
of which there is one per running job.

cheers,
-zach