Re: [Condor-users] Condor+Globus

hello sir
i have read that u r working on degree thesis... sir i am also in the same boat...
i am doing thesis on ClassAd matchmaking...
i too have the query abt relation between condor and globus as it is little bit confusing...
i have installed gt4 and then installed central manager on the same PC in Windows but  whenever i run condor_status command it gives an error of cant find classads from collector...
and on another pc i hav installed personal condor without gt4 and it is running... so i am in big trouble do help me...
and abt grid softwares u can use GT4(free on globus site), Sun GridEngine(commercial) and ALCHEMi(not so sure abt it)

Sir pls reply me at least tell me wat u r planning to do and we may coordinate OUR WORK...
Waiting for positive reply
Thanxs
Sarvjot

Gino <ginofiliberti2@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Good morning to everybody again.
I've read all yours answers and I want to say thank you.
I want to buil a grid with two Condor clusters using Globus because it's
for my degree thesis, because I want to build something very scalable,
that could be enlarged also joining other type of structures, using the
highly standardized architecture of Globus. So I think that install
Globus over the two Central managers could be enough.
Anyway I'm in trouble again. Could anyone suggests to me some good
papers, that speak in general about various kind of grids, like a list
of software (also commercial not only free)? I need it for the
introduction of my thesis, I've serched over the web but I can't find
anything good.
Another question: I've found some pa! pers in pdf and presentation that
speaks about Condor as middleware. I know that Globus is grid
middleware, and Condor is grid software; Globus is in the layer over
Condor in the grid-stack. I have to clear my mind about these concepts,
because I've to write it in my thesis, and I don't want to write wrong
things. Have you got also some good papers about this argument?
Thank you very much again, and sorry for my english, but today I've
written a lot, and I'm very tired.