Re: [Condor-users] creating a special queue for administrators

Hans Wenzel <wenzel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I need some advice. What I want to implement is something like
> a special queue for administrators. It would give us immediate
> access to all the nodes to test things.

Have you looked at using startd RANK setting and expression to
give these users a higher priority?  You could give a bonus to
particular job Owners, perhaps further limiting it to those jobs
for which some special flag is set.  For example, to give the
users adesmet and sample a higher priority if they add
"+HighPriority=TRUE" to their submit files:

# This gives adesmet and sample a boost of 100 in rank.
IsHighPriorityUser = (Owner == "adesmet" || Owner == "sample")
RANK = (($(IsHighPriorityUser) && Target.HighPriority) * 100)

This is a pretty simple solution; more complex ones are also
possible.

--
Alan De Smet                              Condor Project Research
adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx                 http://www.condorproject.org/