[Condor-users] require classad to be present and defined in START expression?

Hi all,

I have a requirement on one of my submit hosts that I can match a job to a "project"
for allocation tracking. (For Teragrid)

I'm thinking that I should use SUBMIT_EXPRS for this:

SUBMIT_EXPRS = ProjectNumber

and require users from this host to put their project number in their job file.

I'd like for condor to not start a job if this variable is present, but without a value.

If it doesn't exist at all, that's ok: the job can be started, because other submit hosts (these would be local users, or from OSG) don't need to record a project, and won't
have ProjectNumber defined.

START = $(START) && ( $(ProjectNumber) =!= UNDEFINED )

is (I think) *close* to what I want, but it doesn't address places where I don't need a project number. I suppose I could put a default value ("None" or something) on other
submit hosts..

I hesitate to just *ask* users to define ProjectNumber, since that would just make for an accounting headache later if they didn't put their project.. I'd prefer to require it, if I can
persuade Condor to enforce it.

Is there a better or smarter way to do this? (using 6.6.10)

-Preston

--
Preston Smith  <psmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Research Engineer