Re: [Condor-users] require classad to be present and defined in START expression?

Hi Preston,

One way to achieve what you are trying to do is to use APPEND_REQUIREMENTS in the local config file for the machines where you require this additional attribute. Example:

APPEND_REQUIREMENTS = ProjectNumber =!= UNDEFINED

Then you don't even need to touch the START expression or anything else in the configuration of the other machines, because the job ad itself will have the ProjectNumber requirements.

--Dan

Preston Smith wrote:

Hi all,

I have a requirement on one of my submit hosts that I can match a job to a "project"
for allocation tracking. (For Teragrid)

I'm thinking that I should use SUBMIT_EXPRS for this:

SUBMIT_EXPRS = ProjectNumber

and require users from this host to put their project number in their job file.

I'd like for condor to not start a job if this variable is present, but without a value.

If it doesn't exist at all, that's ok: the job can be started, because other submit hosts (these would be local users, or from OSG) don't need to record a project, and won't
have ProjectNumber defined.

START = $(START) && ( $(ProjectNumber) =!= UNDEFINED )

is (I think) *close* to what I want, but it doesn't address places where I don't need a project number. I suppose I could put a default value ("None" or something) on other
submit hosts..

I hesitate to just *ask* users to define ProjectNumber, since that would just make for an accounting headache later if they didn't put their project.. I'd prefer to require it, if I can
persuade Condor to enforce it.

Is there a better or smarter way to do this? (using 6.6.10)

-Preston

--
Preston Smith  <psmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
Systems Research Engineer