Re: [Condor-users] Source code required

ok if source code for the whole of condor is not available can i get the source code for the condor libraries used by the condor_compile script to link into the application?

because the examples provided with the condor package do link on my machine

however my application itself doesnt link with the libraries.

so i guess its the problem with the libraries. where can i get the source code for the libraries which are linked to applications by the condor_compile script?

regards

"David A. Kotz" <dkotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Junaid,

We've just upgraded all of our machines from Debian Woody to Ubuntu
Breezy Badger, and we're now running the following version of Condor:

condor-6.7.14-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic.tar.gz

We have been able to condor_compi! le quite a few different programs,
using /usr/bin/gcc (gcc-4.0), /usr/bin/g++ (g++-4.0), /usr/bin/gcc-3.3,
/usr/bin/g++-3.3, as well as some locally built gcc compilers.

We've run across a few programs that we haven't been able to
condor_compile under Breezy, but which we can build on a few Hoary
machines we kept around for the purpose. There are some differences in
libc between Hoary and Breezy that cause problems for lots of things.

What version of Condor are you running?

- dave

Junaid N. Sahibzada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our labs are using the systems with the following configurations.
>
> Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" \n \l
>
> Linux version 2.6.12-9-686 (buildd@rothera) (gcc version 3.4.5 20050809
> (prerelease) (Ubuntu 3.4.4-6ubuntu8))
>
> I have tried every bit to re-link my application with condor libraries
> but it simply refuses do re-link.
>
> ! i have come to the conclusion that its because
>
> $CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RH9 $
>
> the condor i am using has been compiled on a red hat system.
>
> although the condor download page has separate download package for
> debian, but that package has also been compiled on red hat systems as
> evident from the above output in bold.
>
> my lab director wants the check pointing feature of the standard unive!
> rse in any case.
>
> and to run the application in the standard universe i must re-link.
>
> which i have been unable to do, despite trying all sorts of things.
>
> the only last thing to try out is to compile condor code on our systems
> and then give it a try. because our application has been compiled on
> debian systems.
>
> what is the procedure of acquiring the condor source code.
>
> please state any legal requirements ! if necessary.
>
> Regards

Junaid N. Sahibzada
Cell # (+61) 404 998 494
284/9 Crystal St. Waterloo, 2017, NSW, Australia
International Student MSc Internetworking, UTS, Australia
Bachelor of Information Technology, NUST, Pakistan

Yahoo! Photos