Re: [Condor-users] Source code required

Junaid,

We've just upgraded all of our machines from Debian Woody to Ubuntu Breezy Badger, and we're now running the following version of Condor:

  condor-6.7.14-linux-x86-glibc23-dynamic.tar.gz

We have been able to condor_compile quite a few different programs, using /usr/bin/gcc (gcc-4.0), /usr/bin/g++ (g++-4.0), /usr/bin/gcc-3.3, /usr/bin/g++-3.3, as well as some locally built gcc compilers.

We've run across a few programs that we haven't been able to condor_compile under Breezy, but which we can build on a few Hoary machines we kept around for the purpose. There are some differences in libc between Hoary and Breezy that cause problems for lots of things.

What version of Condor are you running?

- dave

Junaid N. Sahibzada wrote:
 Hi,

Our labs are using the systems with the following configurations.

Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" \n \l

Linux version 2.6.12-9-686 (buildd@rothera) (gcc version 3.4.5 20050809 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 3.4.4-6ubuntu8))

I have tried every bit to re-link my application with condor libraries but it simply refuses do re-link.

i have come to the conclusion that its because

$CondorPlatform: I386-LINUX_RH9 $

the condor i am using has been compiled on  a red hat system.

although the condor download page has separate download package for debian, but that package has also been compiled on red hat systems as evident from the above output in bold.

my lab director wants the check pointing feature of the standard unive! rse in any case.

and to run the application in the standard universe i must re-link.

which i have been unable to do, despite trying all sorts of things.

the only last thing to try out is to compile condor code on our systems and then give it a try. because our application has been compiled on debian systems.

what is the procedure of acquiring the condor source code.

please state any legal requirements if necessary.

Regards

*Junaid N. Sahibzada*
*Cell # (+61) 404 998 494 *
*284/9 Crystal St. Waterloo, 2017, NSW, Australia*
*International Student MSc Internetworking, UTS, Australia*
*Bachelor of Information Technology, NUST, Pakistan*

Photo Books <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photobooks/*http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/photos/evt=38088/*http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//page?.file=photobook_splash.html>. You design it and we’ll bind it!