[Condor-users] Strange toubles with Condor jobs submitted via globus

Hi all,

I don't know who to direct this question to.
I have a small cluster I'm building to learn all the grid middleware. i have condor running on the machine and its WNs and I can submit jobs to the machine locally just fine and they complete. HOWEVER I installed VDT 0.4.0 to get the globus interfaces up and going and everything seems fine.
globus-run-job unlcompel1.unl.edu/jobmanager-fork /usr/bin/id
works just as it should
globus-run-job unlcompel1.unl.edu/jobmanager-condor /usr/bin/id
hangs.

Looking through the logs the job gets placed in the queue as a local user (uscms01).
The Shadowlog shows that its failing because:
ERROR "Error from starter on valley003: Failed to open standard output file '/home/uscms01/.globus/job/unlcompel1.unl.edu/ 24284.113795243/stdout':Permission denied (errno13)" at line 666 in file pseudo_ops.C

Clearly there's a read/write privledge problem, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.
The job creates that directory when it comes in.
When I created the user uscms01 I passed the passwd, shadow and group files down to the worker nodes and when I log into the WNs via ssh uscms01 can do all the things I'd expect.

Can someone give me some pointers?
Thanks,
Carl Lundstedt
UNL