Re: [Condor-users] Strange toubles with Condor jobs submitted via globus

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Carl Lundstedt wrote:

Hi all,

I don't know who to direct this question to.
I have a small cluster I'm building to learn all the grid middleware. i have condor running on the machine and its WNs and I can submit jobs to the machine locally just fine and they complete. HOWEVER I installed VDT 0.4.0 to get the globus interfaces up and going and everything seems fine.

For the uninitiated,this sounds very much like an Open Science
Grid 0.4.0 install which in fact uses VDT 1.3.9a. (condor 6.7.13).

Is Condor installed and started as root?  what uid is condor running as?
What NFS options is /home/uscms01 directory exported with on
the server, and mounted as on the client?
There's probably something subtle in the condor config such that
the condor startd/starter doesn't have the right privs to
access the directory.

You might want to forward this question to osg-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
for the Community Support on Open Science Grid as well.

Steve Timm

globus-run-job unlcompel1.unl.edu/jobmanager-fork /usr/bin/id
works just as it should
globus-run-job unlcompel1.unl.edu/jobmanager-condor /usr/bin/id
hangs.

Looking through the logs the job gets placed in the queue as a local user (uscms01).
The Shadowlog shows that its failing because:
ERROR "Error from starter on valley003: Failed to open standard output file '/home/uscms01/.globus/job/unlcompel1.unl.edu/ 24284.113795243/stdout':Permission denied (errno13)" at line 666 in file pseudo_ops.C

Clearly there's a read/write privledge problem, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.
The job creates that directory when it comes in.
When I created the user uscms01 I passed the passwd, shadow and group files down to the worker nodes and when I log into the WNs via ssh uscms01 can do all the things I'd expect.

Can someone give me some pointers?
Thanks,
Carl Lundstedt
UNL

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525  timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Fermilab Computing Div/Core Support Services Dept./Scientific Computing Section
Assistant Group Leader, Farms and Clustered Systems Group
Lead of Computing Farms Team