Re: [Condor-users] Condor supported platforms

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 03:53:16PM +0000, James Osborne wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Condor 6.6.10 on Windows XP.  I want to be able to use something
> like CoLinux and run Condor on a Linux distro in order to get checkpointing and
> other goodies, what's the best option for Linux distro in peoples opinion...

I seriously doubt that checkpointing would work under CoLinux, I don't think
the address space layout is anything the checkpointing code can deal with.

A better alternative would be something like VMWare Player (or real VMWare
or Virtual PC, if you want to spend the money)

> We currently run condor on Intel x86 workstations running Windows XP SP2.  We
> already have a site license for SuSE but the availability pages in the manual
> says only for IA64 (and even then its clipped).

Condor runs on SuSE/IA32.

-Erik