Re: [Condor-users] Limiting user stdout and stderr in condor jobs

On 1/30/06, Bruno Goncalves <bgoncalves@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any preset limit for this? I've been having problems with jobs that
> write more than 2Gb to stdout/stderr. Is this a Condor problem? or some
> filesystem limit (I was under the impression ext3 was good up to 4Gb/file)?

are you running 6.6.x?

if so then you should know that files (or sets of files) > 2Gb are
totally broken.

workarounds:-
1) move to 6.7
2) make sure you make 4 Gb* of data in separate files of no more than
1.9Gb each :)
3) windows vanilla only - ask the condor team nicely they might be able to help.
4) transfer the output separately pre condor write back

Matt

* I kid you not, 0-2 4-6 8-10 etc. you get the idea