[Condor-users] How to limit max. jobs from user

Dear All,

Recently we have established a CONDOR pool of Windows XP PCs to supplement our HPC services that are running in a Linux cluster.

For most of the users we handled, the migration is extremely smooth.
However it is so smooth that some of them are now addicted to submission of huge amount of jobs routinely. In the old days they performed simulations at every 0.5 interval, now they perform simulations at every 0.1 interval. A typcial submission is at around 300+ sub-jobs (just a single statement "queue 300" will do), each sub-job taking 5-10 hours of execution.

My questions are therefore:

(1) Is there any way to limit the maximum total of sub-jobs running per user?

(2) Is there any way to limit the maximum sub-process that a single submission can spawn out?

(3) Is there any way, as the Condor administrator, to just allows the execution for the first 20 sub-jobs from user A (i.e. holding up all other sub-jobs of the same "cluster"), then allows the first 20-sub-jobs from user B to start?

Thanks in advance.

W.K. Kwan
Computer Centre
University of Hong Kong