[Condor-users] Virtual Condor on Novell OES Linux

Hi All

I have a virtual condor execute node installed on Novell OES Linux in VMWare
running on my Windows Machine.  All daemons are up i.e. Master, Startd and
Schedd, however I cannot get the example jobs to run properly.  I have compiled
them using condor_compile I believe successfully, but cannot get them to run
after submitting them.  I tried the env and loop examples.  I submitted both
whilst logged in as a condor user I made myself (that might be the problem ?).
The virtual machine registers with the central manager correctly and everything

running condor_q -analyze gives...
 1 match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons

Does anybody have a better step by step or hints guide for getting condor to
work on basically suse in vmware ? The next step might be for me to remove the
current installation and install a personal condor using condor_configure and
see if that can complete the jobs.  I installed a version of condor on linux in
milan last week so I don't think I missed anything.

Thanks in advance

James

---

James Osborne
High End Computing Support Engineer
Information Services, Cardiff University, 50 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT,
Wales UK
Tel: +44(0)29 2087 4657
Fax: +44(0)29 2087 4285
Email: osborneja1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx