Re: [Condor-users] Virtual Condor on Novell OES Linux

Hi James,

If you haven't already done so, you may want to look in the NegotiatorLog to see if it is successfully connecting to your schedd running inside VMWare.

--Dan

James Osborne wrote:

Hi All

I have a virtual condor execute node installed on Novell OES Linux in VMWare
running on my Windows Machine.  All daemons are up i.e. Master, Startd and
Schedd, however I cannot get the example jobs to run properly.  I have compiled
them using condor_compile I believe successfully, but cannot get them to run
after submitting them.  I tried the env and loop examples.  I submitted both
whilst logged in as a condor user I made myself (that might be the problem ?).
The virtual machine registers with the central manager correctly and everything

running condor_q -analyze gives...
1 match, match, but reject the job for unknown reasons

Does anybody have a better step by step or hints guide for getting condor to
work on basically suse in vmware ? The next step might be for me to remove the
current installation and install a personal condor using condor_configure and
see if that can complete the jobs.  I installed a version of condor on linux in
milan last week so I don't think I missed anything.

Thanks in advance

James

---

James Osborne
High End Computing Support Engineer
Information Services, Cardiff University, 50 Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT,
Wales UK
Tel: +44(0)29 2087 4657
Fax: +44(0)29 2087 4285
Email: osborneja1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/insrv/condor